Past Letters from the Director
So many of us associate the fall season as a winding down of the year. We shelve our short sleeve shirts and sandals, trade the beach gear for school gear, put up storm windows and focus on hunkering down for the cold weather ahead.
And although we'll spend a bit of time this fall cleaning up the gardens and putting 'to bed' our flower and vegetable beds, the next few months at Reeves-Reed Arboretum are nothing close to hunkering down.
What's new this fall, you ask (and I'm glad you did)? Here's just a few items to tease your imagination:
- September 29, the first annual RRA OKTOBERFEST! Complete with dirndl and lederhosen. Beers and brats, polka and pints - whatever you call it, expect a lot of fun at this sure to be recurring seasonal event!
- Fall In Love With Trees - 4-part series of lectures on trees, partnering with the City of Summit's Shade Tree Advisoty Committee, starting September 12.
- Meet-the-Artist Reception for Karen Fitzgerald 360° - Cosmic Landscape Revelations, on September 19. Don't miss this opportunity to get the artist's personal perspective on her extraordinary work.
- Bus trip to the Morris Arboretum in Philadelphia, October 16. Get a bird's-eye view of the forest from 50 feet up, perched on a canopy walk high above the ground - simply thrilling!
- CELEBRATE FALL, October 20 - our annual autumn festival when we welcome back our herd of 'green goats', enjoy the golden autumn colors and crisp weather, and sample some yummy fare from our many vendors. With Halloween right around the corner, families can explore our Spooky Trail and decorate a pumpkin.
All this and more. Simply go to our website for more information and to register. Don't miss out on the fun. Hunkering down....indeed!!
See you in the garden,